Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The next step

So, the adventure begins on Friday.

I haven't been licensed yet, but I've been asked to do respite care for three little ones for 10 days.  There is a four-year-old boy, an almost three-year-old boy, and an 18 month old girl.  Good heavens.  What was I thinking when I agreed to this?

Mostly, I guess I was thinking that I've got to start some place.  And that "hard" is probably going to be the word of the hour - possibly every hour - of being a foster parent, so the fact that three kiddos will be hard isn't necessarily a reason not to help out.  And that God had His reasons for having me be the person called for this particular set of kids. 

As nervous as I am, I also know that God has been preparing the way.  I have had so many offers of help - time, food, etc.  I feel amazingly cared for.

But I'm still nervous.

Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment