Sunday, May 8, 2011

New starts

Since I last wrote, the house has been completed and I've moved back in. I love it. The whole process, once we got started, was surprisingly trauma-free. There were no major problems discovered as the sheetrock and the walls came down, and so far, the only home-warranty-worthy glitch since moving in has been a doorknob that fell off in my hand when I tried to turn it. And that was fixed within a couple of days.
I have to admit that I imagined this letter-writing experiment to be kicked off with a bang because of all the hilarious hijinx that would ensue during the remodel. Not so much. Facebook actually ended up being the most convenient place to post pictures and pithy observations. Which, really, is good. But it does mean that it's been almost a year since I've written.
 
 
I've been thinking about this letter-writing exercise, though, the last few weeks as I'm embarking on the next adventure. I think it might be a great way to process through what's happening as I'm wandering along the foster care experience.  We'll see.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment