Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And so it begins...

Well, we're scheduled to get started on Thursday. Or at least that's when I'll be mostly out of the house, so that work can start.

It's feeling a little overwhelming right now, I have to admit. The movers are coming tomorrow to get the big things - sofa, tables, bed, etc. - and I'm trying to get the little things corralled into bins or bags to carry over to Mom and Dad's. Today was going to be all about packing, but it got highjacked by dealing with insurance policies and security systems and just, yuck. Nothing major at all, just annoying, compounded by the fact that my ears are stopped up so I can't hear and feel like I'm talking in an echo chamber. Plus, my cell phone seems not to have reception at the house.

So, I'm sitting in the house with random, half-full, bins that have no matching lids and kind of pouting. It's my usual pattern of dealing with things not going the way I had originally planned by just stopping. Maturity, woo!

On the up side, sweet Stacy called to see if I wanted to join her and the boys at DQ for snack. Blizzard, yea!

I'm hoping to have the "before" pictures up soon, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment