Monday, July 25, 2011

Waiting

Right now I'm in limbo.  I'm on the list, but I've had a couple of short trips for work, and I'm headed to Santa Fe for a few days next week.  When I talked to one of the case workers about being gone, she shared my concern that if I had kids placed with me, and then had to find a respite care for them so soon, it might not be the best situation.  So I suspect I've got a star by my name on the list.  :)  Which is totally fine with me.  I'm trying to use this time get on top of my preparation for classes, so that when I do have children placed in my home, I'll be a little more ready - I hope - to handle the transition.  Maybe?

I did get a call last week about providing some care during the day for a 10-month-old girl.  The couple she was being placed with was having a hard time finding childcare for her while they're at work, and they were hoping for me as a stop-gap measure.  The thing I love about my agency is that they are so up front - this little one cries all day long evidently, poor thing - and gracious - the case worker started with, "There's no pressure and you should not feel bad if you say 'no.'"  I did say "no."  I hated to do it, but I had my plan - get ready for the fall! - and felt like I needed to stick with it.  Plus.  Crying all day?  Yeesh.  Not sure I'm prepared for that.


On a slightly related note, it's been almost a month since E, J, and A left. I opened a drawer a couple of days ago in the dresser I used for the kiddos and found, like, three sets of pajamas that I'd put away and then never used for the boys. Oops!

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment