Thursday, December 31, 2009

A letter to friends

Dear friends,


This is not a blog. It's a letter.


Several weeks ago I was listening to a story on NPR about a book titled, "Yours Ever: People and Their Letters." (The story is here.) It is, in the words of the reviewer, "an appreciation of letters as a literary genre." And part of the review referenced the passing, in many ways, of this particular style of writing. Then, I started watching Cranford on Masterpiece Classic and like the ladies of Jane Austen, the ladies of Cranford spend a great deal of thier time writing and receiving letters.



I felt inspired.



So. I'm starting this as a letter-writing experiment. With a modern twist. I'm not sure how often I'll write - I'm not in the habit after all - but I'd like to give it a try.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment